Monday, July 18, 2011

Need advise on step parent adoption/parental rights termination?

I live in the state of IL. I have a 6 year old daughter. My husband wants to adopt her, but her biological father will not sign rights over. He owes 11,000 in child support and hasn't seen her in 5 years. He is a bad person, his family all have very dangerous convictions. He did contact me once last year asking to see her, I told him to take me to court, he is unstable and had not seen her in 4 years she didn't even know him. I want to know how to go about taking him to court for termination of parental rights so my husband can adopt her. The biological dad has felony warrants and may not even show up in court. I think I can do this without any representation. I need to know where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment